Since 1895, the world has stood in awe of the invention of the X-ray machine. For all their power, these machines really only have one job, and that's to give us a close-up view of our insides. This week, one doctor on Reddit shared some of the most gruesome X-rays that he's ever had to deal with.
To say they'll make you cringe is a bit of an understatement.
1. I don't think I want to know how those got there.
But why eat your money when you can spend it?
2. When eating soup goes horribly wrong.
3. It might look like a cue ball, but it's actually a street hockey ball.
4. That won't feel good coming out.
5. Have some extra wire around the house? Just eat it!
Aaaand then get it surgically removed.
6. What? How does this even happen?
7. This patient denied swallowing a nail clipper and several needles.
As you can see, they lied.
8. What you're seeing here is an X-Acto knife wrapped in toilet paper. This needed to be surgically removed as well.
9. X-ray of a young veteran who denied eating nails.
Why do these people keep trying to lie?
10. This is what happens when you're not careful with your fishing lures.
11. That's either a nose hair trimmer or an electric razor. Either way, I don't think it's supposed to be used rectally.
What I don't get is how someone can eat foreign objects like that, show up to the ER, and then act like it happened by accident. The human brain (or lack thereof) is a mysterious thing.