Spiders are among the most terrifying creatures to walk (or scuttle across) the face of the Earth. Obviously, not all spiders are the deadly ones that we see on National Geographic, but most humans seem to have an inborn aversion to arachnids.
Please allow me to stoke those fears within you by showing you 17 horrifying spiders.
1. When one giant spider meets another, they will inevitably battle to the death.
2. This tiny spider took down a snake. Just let that sink in.
3. I bet the person who took this really regrets looking into that little burrow.
4. That moment when you realize you have far more than spiders to worry about in your home.
5. The frogs in this guy's neighborhood were killing spiders, so the spiders decided to fight back.
6. See that grey thing? That's a squirrel that got caught in a spiderweb.
7. He was digging up rocks in the backyard when he found a nest of funnel web spiders. These things can kill you with one bite.
8. No one wants to find this madness while they're cleaning.
9. Not even birds are safe from spiders in Australia.
10. When snakes go up against spiders, they usually lose.
11. Spiderwebs for miles...
12. The spiders in Thailand might be worse than the ones in Australia. Here's one snacking on a lizard.
13. That's one very angry spider.
14. When will these snakes learn?
15. That feeling when the spider trap you put under your bed "just in case" turns out to be a lifesaver.
16. A fly landed on this guy's arm...and it came complete with a cool spider attachment.
17. Maybe it's time to burn down the hedges and start again.
My skin is so itchy now. I feel like I see spiders everywhere. I need to stock up on spider spray. That's a thing, right?