Quantcast

Ad Blocker Detected

We've noticed you're currently running ad blocking software. The contents of this site are available for free thanks to the contributions of our sponsors. If you cannot see the entire article, we would appreciate if you would deactivate your ad blocker and refresh the page before continuing to browse.

Thank you.

Of All The Possibilities, I Bet You Never Thought That This Could Kill A Snake

NOVEMBER 5, 2015  —  By Tim Unkenholz  
Tim Unkenholz

Tim Unkenholz

Writer and stand up comedian in NY. Check out my monthly comedy show Roomie Raiders at the Creek and The Cave! @timunken

When this mother left her child alone in the garden for a few seconds and returned to find a venomous snake in his hand, she immediately assumed the worst. To her surprise, however, the snake was dead in her little boy's clutches.

Fortunately, he was okay, but things definitely didn't go well for the snake.

Jaine Ferreira Figueira let her son play in the garden with the family dog while she ran inside for a second. When she returned, she was shocked to see that the boy was holding a pit viper.

These snakes are really poisonous.

She was horrified when she saw that her son was covered in blood.

But as she and her husband reached for the snake, they realized that it was dead. The boy was not covered in his own blood, but rather that of the viper.

The couple took their child to the hospital, where they were assured that he'd escaped the situation unharmed.

They determined that the boy had bitten the snake just behind its head, which killed it immediately.

Bites from these scary serpents can cause kidney failure, shock, and even death if left untreated, so I think it's pretty safe to say that this is one lucky family. Things would have gotten bad for this one-year-old really quickly if he'd been bitten, since pit vipers have insanely powerful venom.

 

Facebook Conversations