Refrigerators are essential. If you don't feel like wasting hundreds of dollars a month on spoiled food, you kind of have to have one.
But these appliances can harbor insane amounts of nastiness if they aren't used properly. Nothing says "I give up" quite like letting food rot in your fridge for months. This can lead to insect infestations, crazy amounts of mold, and a whole host of unsanitary conditions. Here are some of the most WTF things that people have ever found in their refrigerators.
1. At least it's labeled.
2. Ants like human food, too!
3. Where'd the bottom go?
4. A 3-year-old watermelon...
5. More ants.
6. Why? Just why?
7. Here's what happens when you forget about that smoothie.
8. And this is what happens when you don't fix your broken refrigerator for 5 years.
9. Who wants spaghetti?
10. You could sample this pasta, too.
11. Bugs also love freezers.
12. Definitely don't want to put butter in there.
13. This cannot be explained.
14. Want some Greek yogurt?
15. I bet that doesn't smell good.
16. Scorpions taped to the fridge, because everything is awful.
17. Who needs that much cheese?
18. I'm going to be sick.
19. I feel like bugs aren't supposed to be living in there.
20. That, my friends, is pee.
21. In case you weren't having enough nightmares...
I don't know about you, but I'm going to clean out my fridge right now. I don't want to end up like any of these people. That would be gross. I don't know how they can live with themselves.