Between 2006 and 2011, America was captivated by the wild antics of Bear Grylls -- a craggy Brit who purposely got lost in the wilderness for his (and our) amusement. In theory, the point of the show was to inform us about how to survive if we were ever stranded in the forest, but admit it -- most of us just watched to see what nastiness Grylls managed to eat during every episode.
Here are some of the worst things that Bear ever consumed on TV (all while 20 feet away from the crew's craft services).
1. While braving the tundras of Siberia, the wildman stopped to take a sip of Yak blood.video-player-present
2. Bear enjoys the grub! No...I mean ACTUAL grubs. Watch what happens when he bites into this creepy crawly.video-player-present
3. When he went to Africa, he went into lion mode and ate uncooked meat from a dead zebra. Circle of life, baby!video-player-present
4. Here, the bizarre dude eats undigested apples from a pile of bear poop. Why not just ask the bear where he got the apples in the first place?video-player-present
5. If you thought that watching him eat poop was gross, I can assure you that watching him drink poop is way worse.video-player-present
Getting into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Grylls decided to slaughter a reindeer and eat its heart. A time-honored tradition, am I right?video-player-present
6. In Australia, toilets flush in the other direction, but that doesn't mean we should be drinking our own urine when we visit.video-player-present
7. Usually, he's forced to eat gross things for survival. In this clip, however, he decides to eat goat testicles as an act of courtesy.video-player-present
This guy might have set out to educate us, but what he really did was intrigue us with his disgusting eating habits. When it comes down to it, I think the most important survival lesson that Bear Grylls ever taught us is to always pack a lunch.